Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pinterest: Snickerdoodle muffins

I love to bake. It's a huge hobby of mine and being a gluten free eater has not tamed the addiction.  Although, since I did weight watchers and lost 20 pounds (I HIGHLEY recommend weight watchers for anyone looking for a diet plan), my baking has slowed a bit. I baked these about 3 months ago but they are so good they deserve a review...
 
You can find my "Baking" board here, and the recipe from yourcupofcake here.
 
I followed the muffin recipe exactly as is except I don't sift anything. Ever. For the frosting I just kind of wing it with every cupcake. I make a basic buttercream and add flavors that I see fit for whatever the cake is...So I just added cinnamon and vanilla.
 
DON'T SKIP the cinnamon sugar butter dip thing, SO good.

Since I have been eating gluten free for so long, I get asked a lot of questions about which flours are my favorites and which ones work the best. Pamelas does have a flour which is supposed to replace regular flour in any recipe. It is not my favorite, actually, none of her mixes are really my favorite. I LOVE "better batter". I think it has no difference in taste and only a slight difference in texture which is incredible for a gluten free flour.  You can buy that here from amazon.  I have not tried King Arthur...I have heard that is one of the best.
 
I have no pictures...so go make them yourself and enjoy them...I brought mine to a BBQ and I still managed to eat 3 of them..oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment