Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pinterest: Cleaning and Nail Polish

So, two new things I have checked off my Pinterest to-do list:
 
1. Using Pam to dry nail polish
 
2. Removing hard water stains with lemon and salt
 
Both of them are GOLD.  My life will never be the same.
 
No. Joke.
 
I actually died a little bit inside.
 
1. Dry nail polish with pam
I've tried the cold water trick, I've tried the quick dry top coats...I've tried everything. So, I looked up the Pam trick and it had so many mixed reviews.  But I was in a hurry and of course I was willing to try anything (I was attending a wedding).  I painted two coats of glitter nail polish and had very little drying time between them.  I did let it dry for about 5 minutes and then I sprayed the pam on.  I let it sit for a couple minutes then I got in the shower.  No dents, no chips, no nothing.
Life. Changing
 
2. Hard water stains with lemon
Let me start by saying a few things.  I don't know "the rules of cleaning", but I do know that my new house is extremely hard to keep clean like I said in my last post. The previous owners of our home (who owned it since it was built in 1969) were not the cleanest people.  It was very dirty and there was years of grime and build up on nearly every surface.  The showers were remodeled recently however and still managed to have hard water and mineral build up ALL OVER. I had tried every possible cleaning trick on the planet including industrial strength cleaners and all natural...and NOTHING WORKED.  I heated up a lemon, poured some salt on it, and what do you know. Gone. Only thing that worked and I didn't even have to break a sweat. Thank you God for your all natural gifts.
 
I am so excited to keep posting about my Pinterest trials and errors...I have so many errors it's not even funny.
 
I also have a few DIY posts in the next few days.
 
Have a great day!!
 
XOXO,
Em




No comments:

Post a Comment